This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
Blitz the musical comes to Arts Centre Washington as part of the University of Sunderland Live Project. Lionel Bart is probably best known for his hit musical 'Oliver', but Blitz contains some superb musical numbers of its own such as the Vera Lynn hit 'the day after tomorrow' and singalong numbers 'as long as this is england','down the lane','is this gonna be a wedding' and of course not forgetting the Blitz signature tune - 'Who's this geezer hitler? ' !
Directed by international opera singer Professor Graeme Danby the story is focussed on two families - the Blitztein's and the Locke's who vie for market stall trade during the second world war. Setting the story in circa 1943 during the sunderland Blitz the production will feature archive footage and newsreel of actual bombings and its effects on wearside.
Choreographer Karen Stone will compliment Barts's music with fun routines that outline the incredible community spirit that was present during these hard times. Music Director Andrew Richardson will accompany this splendid cast/ensemble.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: Washington Arts Centre
Enquiries: 0191 219 3455