Thu 18th Sep at 7:30pm
@ St Chad's Church, Shrewsbury
Also appearing: Harry Christophers
This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Never miss another 'The Sixteen' show
Choral Pilgrimage: The Sixteen, Harry Christophers
For its 14th Choral Pilgrimage, The Sixteen and Harry Christophers revisit the golden age of renaissance polyphony with a stunning programme of music by English composers John Sheppard, Richard Davy and William Mundy.
Programme to include:
John Sheppard: Gaude, gaude, gaude Maria
William Mundy: Adolescentulus sum ego
Richard Davy: O Domine caeli terraeque
Sheppard: Libera Nos I and II
Sheppard: In manus tuas I
Davy: Ah, mine heart, remember thee well
Sheppard: In manus tuas III
Mundy: Vox patris caelestis
After 35 years of worldwide performance and recording, The Sixteen is recognised as one of the world's greatest ensembles. Comprising both choir and period-instrument orchestra, The Sixteen's commitment to the music it performs is its greatest distinction.
A reputation for performing early English polyphony, Renaissance masterpieces, Baroque and early Classical music and a diversity of 20th and 21st century music, is drawn from the passions of conductor and founder Harry Christophers CBE.
The Sixteen tour dates
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: St Chad's Church
→ Shrewsbury 9 min walk