This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
Never miss another 'Tom Allen' show
Absolutely: Tom Allen
Soaked in Tom’s signature waspish snobbery and self-aggrandising wit, Absolutely addresses the elephant in the room that Tom is still living at home with his parents - because he can’t afford not to
– in Bromley, Kent – heart of leave voters and Theresa May’s Brexit Britain. He’s always at home in Alan Bennett and Mike Leigh territory as he shares with you his up close and personal experiences of suburbia, especially since the Referendum.
Tom addresses the ‘diffilcult times’ we live in but were things better ‘back in the day’, when he was
kid and you could fit 15 kids in one car?
Tom has recently found some independence from his parents by passing his driving test but as
insurance is too expensive he's been added to his mum and dad's policy for their Ford Fiesta Zetec
(1.5 litre engine, 2006, five door, maroon, boot doesn't close). It's not glamorous but he has been learning how to deal with road rage, motorways, as well as giving lifts to his mum and dad.
Despite all this Tom maintains that he's better than everyone else and whilst maintaining his delusions of grandeur he still manages to take swipes at people who claim to have their lives so much more together than him as he relishes the delicious details of status, class and the petty
eccentricities of modern life.
Tom Allen is a comedian, writer and actor. He started as a stand up at the age of 22 and went on to win both So You Think You’re Funny in Edinburgh and the BBC New Comedy Awards in the same year. Since then he has honed his unique style of sharp, acerbic wit and camp, riotous storytelling by performing to audiences all over the UK and around the world.
Tom Allen is a wonderfully laconic anecdotalist, and bears an uncanny stage presence to what might be described as the love child of Kenneth Williams and Stephen Fry. He has a genius for digression and an ear for hilariously mundane comments and platitudes. A rare talent, indeed.
'I urge, nay demand – that you see him perform' (Three Weeks)
'Riotous entertainment... Allen is one of life's true eccentrics' (The Guardian)
'Tom Allen makes me reach for old-fashioned words like debonair and urbane. Blessed with crystalline enunciation and velvety, vocal warmth, he sounds as though he was born at the BBC' (Chortle).
Tom Allen tour dates
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
- 4 people currently track this event
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: Otley Courthouse
Bookings: 01943 467466