This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
See all dates for Juncture 2014
Eyes As Big As Plates
This performance is the culmination of a week’s work, during which the Finnish-Norwegian artist duo Riitta Ikonen and Karoline Hjorth have been working with older people from Leeds and West Yorkshire.
Starting out as a play on characters from Nordic folklore in 2011, Eyes as Big as Plates has evolved into a continual search for modern human’s belonging to nature. Inspired by the Romantics’ celebration of imagination, each image in the series presents a solitary figure in a landscape, dressed in elements from surroundings that indicate neither time nor place.
The natural world acts as both content and context in this work, with the characters literally inhabiting the landscape. The production of each image further involves a certain collision of temporality: the fleeting instant of the photographic moment, the more ‘mythic’ time created within the image and the participants’ mental transition as they become one with their wearable sculpture and the surrounding natural landscape.
These performances are free but booking is essential.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: The Tetley Brewery
→ Leeds 6 min walk