Sorry - no tickets available
Callum Innes is one of Britain’s best-known abstract painters. His constantly evolving practice is as much about un-painting as it is about painting. Using turpentine in conjunction with oil paints Innes thins and removes layers, revealing underlying colours and leaving the evidence of his process on the canvas.
This exhibition also shows a selection of works on paper and new watercolours made especially for the Whitworth. His ongoing series of watercolours continues Innes’ experimentation with the power of colour, combining pigments to create an often fluid and unclassifiable hue. Throughout his work apparently simple actions create paintings with a complex depth, documents of the process and the duration of their making.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
- 1 person currently tracks this event
Venue: The Whitworth Art Gallery
→ Oxford Road 10 min walk
→ Manchester Piccadilly 12 min walk