Sorry - no tickets available
Ida Kar: Bohemian Photographer
In 1960 Ida Kar became the first photographer to have a retrospective exhibition at a major London art gallery. Despite receiving public and critical acclaim from her contemporaries, she is surprisingly unknown today, yet she was instrumental in encouraging the acceptance of photography as a fine art and her subjects included some of the most celebrated figures from the literary and art worlds of 1950s and 1960s Europe and Russia.
This exhibition will be drawn from the Ida Kar Archive, acquired by the National Portrait Gallery and will include around 40 of her portraits.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Enquiries: 01752 304774
→ Plymouth 6 min walk