FiltersShow / Hide
- All Events
- Theatre & Shows
- Days Out
- Anywhere In The UK
- Location: Anywhere in the UK
Radius: ... miles
Sorry - no tickets available
Call 0844 412 4642 to speak to the Ents24 team
calls cost 6p per min plus standard network charges
Ents24 have been trusted online since 1999
Ents24 is proud to be…
- The UK's most popular independent ticketing website.
- Trusted by entertainment fans since 1999.
- An easy and safe place to buy tickets for thousands of shows.
The Flying Dutchman: Scottish Opera
Celebrating the 200th anniversary of Wagner's birth, this new production also marks the Company's return to Wagner's work for the first time since 2003's Ring Cycle. Director Harry Fehr (The Secret Marriage 2009, Orlando 2011) returns to stage a powerful production that is full of character and thick with brooding tension.
Senta, a young girl unversed in the ways of life and love, daydreams obsessively over a picture of the legendary Flying Dutchman, a tormented soul cursed to roam the seas with his ghostly crew until he finds a woman who will love him until death. Out in a violent storm, Senta's father meets a charismatic stranger and invites him home, little knowing that his daughter's fixation is about to become unsettlingly real.
Wagner's epic score drives his characters from one overpowering emotion to the next. Full-blooded choruses, sweet, mellifluous melodies and an orchestral line driven by the furious rage and swell of the sea combine in a hugely atmospheric music-drama that paved the way for much of the composer's later work.
Baritone Peteris Eglitis, known internationally for his Wagnerian roles, is The Dutchman. Music Director Francesco Corti conducts.
Image © Scottish Opera
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
- 1 person currently tracks this event
Venue: Festival Theatre
Phone: 0131 529 6000
Seating Plan: View the Seating Plan
→ Waverley 8 min walk