International Concert Series 2017-18 - From Stuttgart To St Petersburg: City Of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra (CBSO)
Heady sensuality and physical longing saturate the Prelude and Liebestod from Wagner’s operatic masterpiece first performed in Munich in 1865. Twenty years earlier Schumann completed his only Piano Concerto designed for his wife Clara. Its eloquence, lyrical refinement and playfulness ensure its regular place in the repertoire. By contrast, Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony, launched by its famous knocking rhythm, is one of the composer’s most dramatic and recognised works.
Tickets: £10 - £41
Concessions available - please see website for more info.
Plus an optional £1 postage fee."
Info provided by the Event Organiser
Founded in 1920, the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra has always had an illustrious career. In fact, the first concert was conducted by Sir Edward Elgar. The orchestra has grown into a 90-piece ensemble with a worldwide reputation.
City Of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra (CBSO) tour dates
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: St David's Hall
Phone: 029 2087 8444
Disabled Bookings: 029 2087 8444
Seating Plan: View the Seating Plan
→ Cardiff Central 7 min walk
→ Cardiff Queen Street 7 min walk