Phil is one half of folk supergroup Show Of Hands and is in much demand as a multi-instrumentalist and producer and has been described by the Guardian as 'where Steve Earle and Richard Thompson collide'. He was nominated for the coveted Musician of the Year title in the 2009 BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards. He is perhaps best known as a top-flight fiddler, but his skills don't stop there: he also plays slide, Spanish and tenor guitars, mandocello, viola, mandolin and South American cuatro, not to mention contributing his rich and remarkable vocals.
All are songs and music of memory and significance, sung in the subtle and melodic Phil Beer style and interjected with musings and amusings to an almost personal audience.
See more info at philbeer.co.uk
13 Phil Beer Tour Dates
Presented By Evenlode Folk:
Finstock near Charlbury
Finstock Village Hall (OX7 3BU)
PutCustomisable, flexible tour date widget… Super quick set-up, get the code here: tour dates on your web site
Filter By Region
Want a different location?
News and Announcements RSS feed
- Monday 13th Nov: Phil Beer announced 2 new tour dates
- Wednesday 8th Nov: Phil Beer to appear at St. Austell Arts Theatre in March 2018
- Monday 6th Nov: Phil Beer to appear at Birchmeadow Centre, Broseley in March 2018
- Wednesday 1st Nov: Phil Beer: Radstock tickets now on sale
- Thursday 26th Oct: Phil Beer to appear at Radstock Victoria Hall in February 2018
Have Your Say
- Have you seen Phil Beer? Why not write a review?
Fans who like 'Phil Beer' also like:
Do you represent Phil Beer, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page