"Haunting and beautiful... a soulful album that will resonate with people looking for meaning and depth to their music. Brand new yet classically timeless – think Nanci Griffith with a modern twist." Lyric Magazine
Kate’s southern country-folk roots come from her dad, an important early musical influence – he once played guitar with Hank Williams on the famous Louisiana Hayride, where Elvis and Johnny Cash started.
Kate’s emotional and seductive vocals take you into a world of private beauty, reflection and feelings. The music is always intimate and evocative – you listen and want to be there. “I think there can be something incredibly beautiful about being connected to a strong emotion even if it's a really sad one - often especially if it's a really sad one,” Kate says.
A journalist for the Observer said: "Kate Ellis writes hauntingly beautiful songs and has an amazing voice, I'm a fan!" "Carve Me Out", the debut album from Kate Ellis, was released in June 2017.
– "Hits you straight in the heart." Talk Radio
– "Wryly reflective, sweetly melodic, touchingly compassionate, warm-hearted." Maverick
– "A gorgeous album with soul, heart, passion, loving and boundless country/folk style." Fatea Magazine
– "An album of great warmth and feeling that just makes you press repeat. Definitely worthy of recognition.” No Depression
– "Quite simply a superb debut album and one that announces the arrival of a genuine talent. A new Americana star of real potential." Americana UK
Kate Ellis tour dates listed on Ents24.com since Oct 2017.
Official website kateellis.com