The Museum opened in 1901 and was dedicated with the surrounding land as a free gift to the people of London by Frederick Horniman forever for their recreation instruction and enjoyment. The original collections comprised natural history specimens, cultural artefacts and musical instruments. Over the last 100 years the Museum has added significantly to the original bequest with Horniman's original collections comprising only 10 per cent of current ethnography and musical instrument holdings.
5 upcoming events at The Horniman Museum & Gardens:
Track The Horniman Museum & Gardens
- You are tracking The Horniman Museum & Gardens
- Be the first to hear about new events at The Horniman Museum & Gardens
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
PutCustomisable, flexible tour date widget… Super quick set-up, get the code here: event listings on your web site
News and Announcements RSS feed
Have Your Say
- Have you been to The Horniman Museum & Gardens? Why not write a review?
Readers who like 'The Horniman Museum & Gardens' also like:
Do you represent The Horniman Museum & Gardens, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page