The original building, opened in 1848, and the first Catholic Cathedral in the UK since the Reformation, was the work of the great Victorian Architect, Pugin. Although much of the Cathedral was badly bombed in 1941 during the Second World War, a great deal of his design remains, and is incorporated into the rebuilt Cathedral, which was re-opened in 1958.
The Cathedral is situated at the junction of Westminster Bridge Road, Lambeth Road, St George's Road, and London Road, SE1, and is a short walk from Westminster Bridge. Lambeth North tube station (Bakerloo Line) is approximately 3 minutes walk away, and Waterloo, Southwark, and Elephant & Castle stations are around seven minutes walk away. Numerous buses serve the area.
1 upcoming event at St George's RC Cathedral:
Track St George's RC Cathedral
- You are tracking St George's RC Cathedral
- Email alerts will be sent to your email address
- Be the first to hear about new events at St George's RC Cathedral
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
PutCustomisable, flexible tour date widget… Super quick set-up, get the code here: event listings on your web site
Venue: St George's RC Cathedral
33 Westminster Bridge Road
SE1 7HY 51.498245, -0.108822
Enquiries: 020 7928 5256
→ London Waterloo 7 min walk
→ Waterloo International 7 min walk
→ Waterloo East 8 min walk
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to St George's RC Cathedral? Why not write a review?
Do you represent St George's RC Cathedral, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page