Founded in 1958, the Magnet holds an illustrious and iconic place in Liverpool’s musical history.
Originally, the street level bar was called the ‘Rumblin’ Tum’ and the basement the ‘Sink Club’. It was one of the city’s first black music venues and entry was by way of a numbered sink plug on a short length of chain which proved membership.
Freddie Mercury first played with Brian May in a band called Ibis at the Sink Club, and there seems to be very few bands and performers that at some point in their careers haven’t graced the dark red stage.
14 upcoming events at TheMagnet:
PutCustomisable, flexible tour date widget… Super quick set-up, get the code here: event listings on your web site
News and Announcements RSS feed
- Tuesday 21st Nov: Bahamas to appear at TheMagnet, Liverpool in April 2018
- Monday 20th Nov: Toast Gang announced at TheMagnet, Liverpool for December
- Friday 17th Nov: PinkShinyUltraBlast to appear at TheMagnet, Liverpool in May 2018
- Wednesday 15th Nov: Shame to appear at TheMagnet, Liverpool in April 2018
- Thursday 9th Nov: Cabbage to appear at TheMagnet, Liverpool in February 2018
Have Your Say
- Have you been to The Magnet? Why not write a review?
Readers who like 'The Magnet' also like:
Do you represent The Magnet, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page