Jaywick Martello Tower is an arts venue in the sea-side resort of Jaywick; the Tower, originally built in the early 19th century as part of a chain of Napoleonic era fortifications, was renovated in 2005. The aim of the Jaywick Martello Tower is to explore Jaywick's distinctive environment, heritage, and community by inviting artists to produce works in a variety of media. By doing this, Jaywick Martello Tower intends to be a vital meeting point between art and the local community. In addition to exhibitions, Jaywick Martello Tower is host to a wide variety of activities.
Entry £1 for 16 or over.
Summer Opening (April to September) Wednesday to Sunday - 10am - 5pm.
Winter Opening (October to March) Saturdays and Sundays - 10:30am - 3:30pm.
Image © Jaywick Martello Tower
11 upcoming events at Jaywick Martello Tower:
Track Jaywick Martello Tower
- You are tracking Jaywick Martello Tower
- Be the first to hear about new events at Jaywick Martello Tower
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
PutCustomisable, flexible tour date widget… Super quick set-up, get the code here: event listings on your web site
News and Announcements RSS feed
- Friday 20th Apr: Three Years In The Mud: New Archaeological Discoveries In The Blackwater Estuary announced at Jaywick Martello Tower for May
- Thursday 19th Apr: Jiangsu Performing Arts Puppet Troupe announced at Jaywick Martello Tower for May
- Monday 26th Mar: Creative Net: Fluidic Acrylics announced at Jaywick Martello Tower for June
- Friday 23rd Mar: Creative Net: Mixed Medium Art announced at Jaywick Martello Tower for August
Have Your Say
- Have you been to Jaywick Martello Tower? Why not write a review?
Readers who like 'Jaywick Martello Tower' also like:
Do you represent Jaywick Martello Tower, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page