Built in the 13th century on the site of Gloucester’s Norman Castle, Blackfriars Priory is the most well preserved medieval Dominican Priory in Britain. It has had many reincarnations from bottling plant to private residence.
In April 2012 Gloucester City Council signed the lease with English heritage and will be operating the site as a cultural centre, available for meetings and conferences, exhibitions, weddings and other private hires and events.
With various spaces around the site and a beautifully enclosed traditional cloister garden, Blackfriars is already receiving a great amount of interest from weddings to festivals.
1 upcoming event at Blackfriars Priory:
Track Blackfriars Priory
- You are tracking Blackfriars Priory
- Be the first to hear about new events at Blackfriars Priory
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
PutCustomisable, flexible tour date widget… Super quick set-up, get the code here: event listings on your web site
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to Blackfriars Priory? Why not write a review?
Readers who like 'Blackfriars Priory' also like:
Do you represent Blackfriars Priory, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page