The Albany Theatre is an impressive Art-Deco style theatre residing behind the superb façade of the old Coventry Technical College building. The building was designed in 1919, and opened in 1935. Known to its regulars as the Butts Theatre, it closed its doors in January 2009, following the acquisition of the (then-named) City College site by developers.
The Theatre re-opened its doors on 1st February 2013, supported by Coventry City Council and a vast team of volunteers. A considerable amount of work has taken place behind the scenes; revamping, replacing and renovating all services and facilities to provide safe and up-to-date equipment, an impressive array of dressing rooms, new sound and lighting systems and a full-height fly tower.
*Please note the new entrance to the theatre is on Albany Road*
Official website albanytheatre.co.uk
The Albany Theatre
- Albany Road
- CV5 6JQ