The Cathedral's history goes back to 597AD when St Augustine, sent by Pope Gregory the Great as a missionary, established his seat in Canterbury. In 1170 Archbishop Thomas Becket was murdered in the Cathedral and ever since, the Cathedral has attracted thousands of pilgrims, as told famously in Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.
1 upcoming event at Canterbury Cathedral:
Track Canterbury Cathedral
- You are tracking Canterbury Cathedral
- Be the first to hear about new events at Canterbury Cathedral
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
PutCustomisable, flexible tour date widget… Super quick set-up, get the code here: event listings on your web site
News and Announcements RSS feed
Have Your Say
- Have you been to Canterbury Cathedral? Why not write a review?
Readers who like 'Canterbury Cathedral' also like:
Do you represent Canterbury Cathedral, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page