- All Genres
- Theatre & Shows
- Days Out
This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
Michelangelo Drawing Blood : Sound Affairs
Michelangelo - painter, sculptor, architect, engineer and poet - was the original, and perhaps ultimate, Renaissance man.
Taking a metaphorical scalpel to his life, Michelangelo Drawing Blood delves into the forces that drove his genius - an obsession with human anatomy, a passionate response to the male body and an equally intense Christian faith.
Accompanied by music composed by Charlie Barber and performed live on Renaissance instruments (viola da gamba, theorbo and dulcimer), two male performers bring to life the fluid twists and turns of Michelangelo's drawings.
The performance contains male nudity.
Sound Affairs produces recordings, tours, performances and concerts of new music, dance and digital art.
For more than twenty years, Sound Affairs has been staging strikingly innovative concerts and events featuring new music juxtoposed with cinema, theatre, dance and video. Its work has been recognised with a BBC Wales Arts Awards which seek 'to encourage and reward progressive, bold and enterprising work'.
The aims of Sound Affairs are:
- to make live music accessible to a wide audience, with particular emphasis on new works
- to develop collaborative venures between arts practitioners from different media
- to encourage young people in their appreciation of the arts as expressive media
- to ensure that equlaity of opportunity shall be pursued regardless of colour, creed, disability, race, religion, gender or sexual orientation
Sound Affairs tour dates
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Venue: Purcell Room
Southbank Centre, Belvedere Road
SE1 8XX 51.505775, -0.116811
→ London Waterloo 5 min walk
→ Waterloo International 5 min walk
→ Charing Cross 6 min walk
→ Waterloo 3 min walk