FiltersShow / Hide
- All Events
- Theatre & Shows
- Days Out
- Anywhere In The UK
- Location: Anywhere in the UK
Radius: ... miles
Sorry - no tickets available
Call 0844 412 4642 to speak to the Ents24 team
Ents24 have been trusted online since 1999
Ents24 is proud to be…
- The UK's most popular independent ticketing website.
- Trusted by entertainment fans since 1999.
- An easy and safe place to buy tickets for thousands of shows.
The Dug Out : Splice Productions
Park Street, 1944: A black GI is shot dead.
Park Street, 1974: An IRA bomb explodes.
Tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock-tick. One more hour you’ll never get back. One more night passes and nothing has changed. The future is now, man, it’s now, man, it’s now. And what are you doing with it, ’ey?
Splice Theatre (Under Milk Wood, Sus) returns to the Tobacco Factory Theatre with an exciting, original new play inspired by the legendary Bristol nightclub, The Dug Out. Based on real-life events, this is an uplifting tale of black and white teenage clubbers in the 1970s, set against a classic love story of thirty years earlier.
Playwright Amanda Whittington (The Wills’s Girls) cleverly fuses two defining moments in Bristol’s social history. A live DJ splices 70s ska, reggae and funk with 40s black American jive and a professional cast are joined by a local community chorus of ‘Young Clubbers’.
So for clubbers young and old, it’s time to get down to The Dug Out: where allegiances are made, battles are fought, the past is present, the future is now and we’re all united by the music.
Suitable for age 12 and over.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Venue: Tobacco Factory
Phone: 0117 902 0344
→ Parson Street 14 min walk
→ Bedminster 17 min walk