FiltersShow / Hide
- All Events
- Theatre & Shows
- Days Out
- Anywhere In The UK
- Location: Anywhere in the UK
Radius: ... miles
Sorry - no tickets available
Call 0844 412 4642 to speak to the Ents24 team
calls cost 6p per min plus standard network charges
Ents24 have been trusted online since 1999
Ents24 is proud to be…
- The UK's most popular independent ticketing website.
- Trusted by entertainment fans since 1999.
- An easy and safe place to buy tickets for thousands of shows.
Nancy Holt: Land Art
A pioneer in conceptual and public art, Nancy Holt is a key member of the Land Art movement, which began in the late 1960s with artists in New York taking their work out of the gallery and into the landscape.
Holt is most well-known for her large-scale sculptural works in the environment, such as Sun Tunnels (1976). Four concrete tunnels, 18ft long and 9ft in diameter, are aligned in pairs along an axis of the rising and setting sun on a summer or winter solstice.
Alongside her sculptures Holt has always used photography and film, not only to document her work, but as a continuation of her interest in with memory, perception, time and space. This exhibition focuses on Holt’s photography and film, from Trail Markers (1969) made on visit to Dartmoor with her husband Robert Smithson, to photographs of Sun Tunnels in The Great Basin Desert in Northern Utah.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Venue: The Whitworth Art Gallery
The University Of Manchester
M13 9PL 53.467930, -2.233209
→ Oxford Road 11 min walk
→ Manchester Piccadilly 12 min walk