A 12th century church situated beside the manor house in this lovely Cotswold village.
The situation of St John the Baptist makes for a classic view. To the one side are imposing gateposts which give way to a wide avenue of trees leading to the manor house. To the other, screened by tall hedges, is a Georgian rectory. In the centre, occupying a small rise, is St John the Baptist church. The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th century. The square central tower, ornamented with battlements and pinnacles, is 15th century.
The chancel is largely 13th century. The tri-light east window which we've already mentioned, is in the Early English style. Beside the altar is a restored 13th century piscina.
Great Rissington Church currently has no upcoming events
Track Great Rissington Church
- You are tracking Great Rissington Church
- Email alerts will be sent to your email address
- Be the first to hear about new events at Great Rissington Church
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
We do not currently have any events for Great Rissington Church
Track Great Rissington Church be the first to know about new tour dates
Tracking Great Rissington Church you will be the first to know about new tour dates
Email me when new Great Rissington Church events are announced.
You are signed up to Great Rissington Church events. We will let you know as soon as new dates are announced.
- Receive email as soon as new events are listed
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on alerts to follow their favourite artists and venues
- Alerts are free and you can unsubscribe at any time
- We won't pass your email address to anyone else
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to Great Rissington Church? Why not write a review?