FiltersShow / Hide
- All Events
- Rock & Pop
- Rock & Roll
- Dance & Urban
- Jazz & Blues
- Big Band
- Easy Listening
- Folk, Roots & World
- Theatre & Arts
- Shows & Events
- Anywhere In The UK
- Location: Anywhere in the UK
Radius: ... miles
The Dun Cow is the finest example of an Edwardian gin palace in Sunderland.
Holds a free comedy night on the first Thursday of the month, attracting TV name comedians.
Rising from a plinth of grey granite, the elevations have the animated plasticity typical of the Edwardian Baroque style. The most remarkable feature of the interior is the decorative screen behind the bar, which fuses oriental and Gothic motifs into a bar resembling a theatrical stage set.
Inside the central arch is a cow's head, a playful reference to the pub's name. Overall, the Dun Cow is an intoxicating fusion of Baroque and Art Nouveau devices, a heady concoction which is thoroughly appropriate for a rich turn-of-century pub.
The Dun Cow currently has no upcoming events
Track The Dun Cow
- You are tracking The Dun Cow
- Email alerts will be sent to your email address
- Be the first to hear about new events at The Dun Cow
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,309,122 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
We do not currently have any events for The Dun Cow
Track The Dun Cow be the first to know about new tour dates
Tracking The Dun Cow you will be the first to know about new tour dates
Email me when new The Dun Cow events are announced.
You are signed up to The Dun Cow events. We will let you know as soon as new dates are announced.
- Receive email as soon as new events are listed
- 1,309,122 fans now rely on alerts to follow their favourite artists and venues
- Alerts are free and you can unsubscribe at any time
- We won't pass your email address to anyone else
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to The Dun Cow? Why not write a review?
Do you represent The Dun Cow, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page