The connection between the Port of Liverpool, trade with the Baltic regions and Scandinavian seamen is deeply etched into Liverpool’s economic and cultural history. When you walk up Park Lane from the bustling shops of Liverpool One, you can’t fail to notice on your right an imposing Neo-Gothic brick building. Gustaf Adolf’s Kyrka, was completed in 1884 specifically as a place of worship and sanctuary initially for Scandinavian seamen and later extended to the thousands of emigrants from Scandinavian countries on their way to the ‘New World’. Before that, ministers had to visit boarding houses, or hop from ship to ship to provide worship and spiritual sustenance.
This much-loved and cherished building, so long part of Liverpool’s Baltic Triangle, remains today as the heart of the Nordic Community in and beyond Merseyside.
The Scandinavian Church currently has no upcoming events
Track The Scandinavian Church
- You are tracking The Scandinavian Church
- Be the first to hear about new events at The Scandinavian Church
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
We do not currently have any events for The Scandinavian Church
Track The Scandinavian Church be the first to know about new tour dates
Tracking The Scandinavian Church you will be the first to know about new tour dates
Email me when new The Scandinavian Church events are announced.
You are signed up to The Scandinavian Church events. We will let you know as soon as new dates are announced.
- Receive email as soon as new events are listed
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on alerts to follow their favourite artists and venues
- Alerts are free and you can unsubscribe at any time
- We won't pass your email address to anyone else
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.