Also known as the Palace of Westminster, 1000 years ago the Houses Of Parliament were the official residence of the English royal family. The oldest part of the building is Westminster Hall which was completed in 1097 and has held a central role in British history since then. The majority of the original palace was destroyed by fire in 1834 and the magnificent Gothic-Revival building which now stands, majestically, in its place was designed by Sir Charles Barry and completed in 1870.
While the outside of the building is well known, guided tours allow visitors to discover the many treasures within the building, such as the spectacular fixtures and fittings designed by the exquisite craftsmanship of A.W.N. Pugin, including the wonderful throne in the Lords chamber, and a rich collection of works of art.
Image © email@example.com
Houses Of Parliament currently has no upcoming events
Track Houses Of Parliament
- You are tracking Houses Of Parliament
- Email alerts will be sent to your email address
- Be the first to hear about new events at Houses Of Parliament
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
We do not currently have any events for Houses Of Parliament
Track Houses Of Parliament be the first to know about new tour dates
Tracking Houses Of Parliament you will be the first to know about new tour dates
Email me when new Houses Of Parliament events are announced.
You are signed up to Houses Of Parliament events. We will let you know as soon as new dates are announced.
- Receive email as soon as new events are listed
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on alerts to follow their favourite artists and venues
- Alerts are free and you can unsubscribe at any time
- We won't pass your email address to anyone else