The Rose was an Elizabethan theatre. It was the fourth of the public theatres to be built, after The Theatre (1576), the Curtain (1577), and the theatre at Newington Butts (c. 1580) – and the first of several playhouses to be situated in Bankside, Southwark, in a liberty outside the jurisdiction of the City of London's civic authorities.
2 upcoming events at The Rose Playhouse:
Track The Rose Playhouse
- You are tracking The Rose Playhouse
- Be the first to hear about new events at The Rose Playhouse
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
PutCustomisable, flexible tour date widget… Super quick set-up, get the code here: event listings on your web site
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to The Rose Playhouse? Why not write a review?
Readers who like 'The Rose Playhouse' also like:
Do you represent The Rose Playhouse, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page