For over 900 years St Nicholas has been the parish church of Newcastle but when in 1882 the new Diocese was founded it also became England’s most northerly cathedral.
The Cathedral Church of St Nicholas is rich with historical meaning. From the Middle Ages to the present day it is a place where the stories of local people can be found. From the early civic leaders and industrialists to politicians and craftspeople, the cathedral holds the story of the City in its stones and monuments.
Visitors and worshippers alike can enjoy a fulfilling and emotive heritage experience in the Cathedral. There are so many interesting features to be found inside, whether this be in the superlative craftsmanship of the reredos carvings, the modern stained glass above the entrance to the crypt, the earliest piece of medieval glass in St Margaret’s Chapel or the Regimental Colours whose final resting place is the cathedral.
2 upcoming events at Newcastle Cathedral - (St Nicholas Cathedral):
Track Newcastle Cathedral - (St Nicholas Cathedral)
- You are tracking Newcastle Cathedral - (St Nicholas Cathedral)
- Email alerts will be sent to your email address
- Be the first to hear about new events at Newcastle Cathedral - (St Nicholas Cathedral)
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
PutCustomisable, flexible tour date widget… Super quick set-up, get the code here: event listings on your web site
News and Announcements RSS feed
Have Your Say
- Have you been to Newcastle Cathedral - (St Nicholas Cathedral)? Why not write a review?
Do you represent Newcastle Cathedral - (St Nicholas Cathedral), or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page