Newstead Abbey, best known as the former home of the poet Lord Byron, was originally an Augustinian priory founded by Henry II in about 1170. A small religious community existed there until Henry VIII dissolved the monastery in 1539. In the following year, Henry granted Newstead to the poet's ancestor, Sir John Byron, who converted the priory into a house for his family.
1 upcoming event at Newstead Abbey Historic House & Park:
Track Newstead Abbey Historic House & Park
- You are tracking Newstead Abbey Historic House & Park
- Email alerts will be sent to your email address
- Be the first to hear about new events at Newstead Abbey Historic House & Park
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
PutCustomisable, flexible tour date widget… Super quick set-up, get the code here: event listings on your web site
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to Newstead Abbey Historic House & Park? Why not write a review?
Do you represent Newstead Abbey Historic House & Park, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page