Barley Hall is a stunning medieval townhouse, once home to the Priors of Nostell and the Mayor of York. Until the 1980s the house was hidden under the relatively modern facade of a derelict office block. Only when the building was going to be destroyed was the amazing medieval building discovered and its history uncovered. The building has now been lovingly restored to its original splendour with stunning high ceilings, beautiful exposed timber frames, and possibly the only horn window in England. It has been decorated to replicate what it would have looked like as the Snawsell home around 1483 and boasts a magnificent Great Hall. Visitors to Barley Hall can make themselves at home and sit on the chairs and handle the objects and experience what it would have been like to live in Medieval England.
Barley Hall currently has no upcoming events
Track Barley Hall
- You are tracking Barley Hall
- Email alerts will be sent to your email address
- Be the first to hear about new events at Barley Hall
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
We do not currently have any events for Barley Hall
Track Barley Hall be the first to know about new tour dates
Tracking Barley Hall you will be the first to know about new tour dates
Email me when new Barley Hall events are announced.
You are signed up to Barley Hall events. We will let you know as soon as new dates are announced.
- Receive email as soon as new events are listed
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on alerts to follow their favourite artists and venues
- Alerts are free and you can unsubscribe at any time
- We won't pass your email address to anyone else
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to Barley Hall? Why not write a review?
Do you represent Barley Hall, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page