Begun as a 12th-century Norman keep and bailey castle, the palace was the chief residence of the Bishops of Winchester. Situated next to Winchester Cathedral, its extensive ruins reflect their importance and wealth. The last great occasion at Wolvesey was on 25 July 1554, when Queen Mary and Philip of Spain held their wedding breakfast in the East Hall.
2 upcoming events at Wolvesey Castle:
Track Wolvesey Castle
- You are tracking Wolvesey Castle
- Email alerts will be sent to your email address
- Be the first to hear about new events at Wolvesey Castle
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
PutCustomisable, flexible tour date widget… Super quick set-up, get the code here: event listings on your web site
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to Wolvesey Castle? Why not write a review?
Do you represent Wolvesey Castle, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page