The Laing Art Gallery is situated in the heart of Newcastle upon Tyne, only five minutes from its busy shopping district. It was founded in 1901 by Alexander Laing, a Scottish wine and spirit merchant who wanted to give something back to the city in which he had made his Fortune. The Laing has developed an impressive collection of 18th and 19th century paintings and internationally important watercolours. In recent years this permanent collection has been complemented by temporary exhibitions including an annual exhibition from the National Gallery in London.
Monday to Saturday 10am - 5pm, Sunday 2pm - 5pm
Closed: 25 & 26 December & 1 January.
Laing Art Gallery currently has no upcoming events
Track Laing Art Gallery
- You are tracking Laing Art Gallery
- Be the first to hear about new events at Laing Art Gallery
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
We do not currently have any events for Laing Art Gallery
Track Laing Art Gallery be the first to know about new tour dates
Tracking Laing Art Gallery you will be the first to know about new tour dates
Email me when new Laing Art Gallery events are announced.
You are signed up to Laing Art Gallery events. We will let you know as soon as new dates are announced.
- Receive email as soon as new events are listed
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on alerts to follow their favourite artists and venues
- Alerts are free and you can unsubscribe at any time
- We won't pass your email address to anyone else
Venue: Laing Art Gallery
New Bridge Street
Tyne And Wear
NE1 8AG 54.974930, -1.609469
Phone: 0191 2327734
→ Monument 3 min walk
→ Manors 6 min walk
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to Laing Art Gallery? Why not write a review?
Readers who like 'Laing Art Gallery' also like:
Do you represent Laing Art Gallery, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page