The Museum building is sited in the Victorian workshops built in the shadow of Elidir mountain, site of the vast Dinorwig quarry. Not so much a museum as a pocket of history, it is as though the quarrymen and engineers have only just put down their tools and left the courtyard for home. Now, with imaginative interpretation, the remarkable relics of the slate industry can be understood and enjoyed by the many thousands of visitors to this stunning countryside on the flanks of Snowdon.
Easter - October 31st : 10.00am - 5.00pm, daily
November 1st - Easter: 10.00am - 4.00pm, closed Saturdays.
National Slate Museum currently has no upcoming events
Track National Slate Museum
- You are tracking National Slate Museum
- Email alerts will be sent to your email address
- Be the first to hear about new events at National Slate Museum
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
We do not currently have any events for National Slate Museum
Track National Slate Museum be the first to know about new tour dates
Tracking National Slate Museum you will be the first to know about new tour dates
Email me when new National Slate Museum events are announced.
You are signed up to National Slate Museum events. We will let you know as soon as new dates are announced.
- Receive email as soon as new events are listed
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on alerts to follow their favourite artists and venues
- Alerts are free and you can unsubscribe at any time
- We won't pass your email address to anyone else
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to National Slate Museum? Why not write a review?
Do you represent National Slate Museum, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page