Founded in 1958, the Magnet holds an illustrious and iconic place in Liverpool’s musical history.
Originally, the street level bar was called the ‘Rumblin’ Tum’ and the basement the ‘Sink Club’. It was one of the city’s first black music venues and entry was by way of a numbered sink plug on a short length of chain which proved membership.
Freddie Mercury first played with Brian May in a band called Ibis at the Sink Club, and there seems to be very few bands and performers that at some point in their careers haven’t graced the dark red stage.
TheMagnet currently has no upcoming events
- You are tracking The Magnet
- Be the first to hear about new events at The Magnet
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
PutCustomisable, flexible tour date widget… Super quick set-up, get the code here: event listings on your web site
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to The Magnet? Why not write a review?
Readers who like 'The Magnet' also like:
Do you represent The Magnet, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page