At the London Canal Museum you can see inside a narrowboat cabin, learn about the history of London's canals, about the cargoes carried, the people who lived and worked on the waterways, and the horses that pulled their boats. Peer down into the unique heritage of a huge Victorian ice well used to store ice imported from Norway and brought by ship and canal boat to be stored. The museum is an attraction housed in a former ice warehouse built in about 1862-3 for Carlo Gatti, the famous ice cream maker, and features the history of the ice trade and ice cream as well as the canals. This is the only London museum of inland waterways and is situated at King's Cross, an accessible central London location.
Tuesday - Sunday 10:00am - 4:30pm
Open on Bank Holiday Mondays
London Canal Museum currently has no upcoming events
Track London Canal Museum
- You are tracking London Canal Museum
- Be the first to hear about new events at London Canal Museum
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
We do not currently have any events for London Canal Museum
Track London Canal Museum be the first to know about new tour dates
Tracking London Canal Museum you will be the first to know about new tour dates
Email me when new London Canal Museum events are announced.
You are signed up to London Canal Museum events. We will let you know as soon as new dates are announced.
- Receive email as soon as new events are listed
- 1,382,365 fans now rely on alerts to follow their favourite artists and venues
- Alerts are free and you can unsubscribe at any time
- We won't pass your email address to anyone else
News and Announcements RSS feed
No current news or announcements.
Have Your Say
- Have you been to London Canal Museum? Why not write a review?