FiltersShow / Hide
- All Events
- Theatre & Shows
- Days Out
- Edinburgh Fringe
- Anywhere In The UK
- Location: Anywhere in the UK
Radius: ... miles
Middlesbrough Theatre, formerly the Little Theatre, is a 486 seat playhouse, with one of the largest stages in the Tees Valley.
Situated in Linthorpe, approximately 2 miles from the town centre, it was the first architect designed theatre to be built after the Second World War and was opened by Sir John Gielgud on 21st October 1957.
Funding for the building was raised by Middlesbrough Little Theatre Limited (MLT), the local amateur dramatic society, itself founded in 1930. MLT managed the theatre for 15 years until, in 1974, a separate Trust was set up with Middlesbrough Council as trustees. It is now managed by the Council's Cultural Services department.
32 upcoming events at Middlesbrough Theatre:
Track Middlesbrough Theatre
- You are tracking Middlesbrough Theatre
- Be the first to hear about new events at Middlesbrough Theatre
- Alerts are free & always will be
- 1,301,967 fans now rely on Ents24 alerts
- We hate spam, your email will never be shared
PutCustomisable, flexible tour date widget… Super quick set-up, get the code here: event listings on your web site
News and Announcements RSS feed
- Monday 15th Aug: Middlesbrough Theatre published 14 new listings
- Thursday 11th Aug: Middlesbrough Theatre published 2 new listings
- Wednesday 3rd Aug: Vienna Festival Ballet to appear at Middlesbrough Theatre in November
Have Your Say
- Have you been to Middlesbrough Theatre? Why not write a review?
Readers who like 'Middlesbrough Theatre' also like:
Do you represent Middlesbrough Theatre, or are you a member of their promotional team? Click here to claim this page