This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Why We Love Big Trees
As part of the launch of the Talking Science project come along to the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh and celebrate John Muir's 175th Birthday.
The event will be held at the unique collection of specimen trees at ourthefamous John Muir Grove. Talk to the RBGE scientists about trees and discover why these amazing species are so popular in parks, gardens and wonderful landscape.
This event will give you the opportunity to talk to scientists about tree health and the management of big trees. Discover why the Monkey Puzzle, Giant Redwood and Oak are so appreciated by many; consider their size, what growth rings can tell us and how what grows above ground relates to climate change.
Discover the uses of these big tree species; did you know that some parts of these trees are edible ?
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot