This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
The Bragg Centenary Family Day
Come along to the University of Leeds for a day of free scientific
activities aimed at families.
The Bragg Centenary event celebrates a scientific technique that changed the world and gained its inventors a Nobel Prize; the science of X-ray crystallography.
Take part in interactive workshops and discover how to extract DNA from a strawberry and how to make diffraction patterns using a torch and a net curtain! There will also be a series of lectures exploring how X-ray crystallography helped changed the world.
The activities are aimed at ages eight and above and the lectures are recommended for over 14s.
The Bragg Centenary celebration is part of the Leeds Festival of Science.
This event takes place at the Parkinson Building. Free parking is available on the campus.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: University of Leeds