This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
See all dates for Nancy Holt: Land Art
Nancy Holt: Land Art
A pioneer in conceptual and public art, Nancy Holt is a key member of the Land Art movement, which began in the late 1960s with artists in New York taking their work out of the gallery and into the landscape.
Holt is most well-known for her large-scale sculptural works in the environment, such as Sun Tunnels (1976). Four concrete tunnels, 18ft long and 9ft in diameter, are aligned in pairs along an axis of the rising and setting sun on a summer or winter solstice.
Alongside her sculptures Holt has always used photography and film, not only to document her work, but as a continuation of her interest in with memory, perception, time and space. This exhibition focuses on Holt’s photography and film, from Trail Markers (1969) made on visit to Dartmoor with her husband Robert Smithson, to photographs of Sun Tunnels in The Great Basin Desert in Northern Utah.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: The Whitworth Art Gallery
→ Oxford Road 10 min walk
→ Manchester Piccadilly 12 min walk