This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
See all dates for Beryl Korot: Text And Commentary
Beryl Korot: Text And Commentary
Beryl Korot was an active player in New York’s emergent video art scene in the 1970s and considered a pioneer of multichannel installation in particular.
Text and Commentary (1976-7) was inspired by the punch card system of the Jacquard loom and its impact on Charles Babbage, a mathematician who originated the idea of a programmable computer in the 19th century. It is a groundbreaking work comprised of weavings, videos and paperbased scores that, when first shown in 1977, moved the video medium beyond the television’s frame and into art installation.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: The Whitworth Art Gallery
→ Oxford Road 10 min walk
→ Manchester Piccadilly 12 min walk