This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
See all dates for The Art Of Pop Video
The Art Of Pop Video
MTV defined a generation with its bite-sized, fast-paced offering of 24/7 music videos, but it was long before then that the medium had become a vital form of artistic expression. Showcasing the music video as an artistic medium in its own right, the exhibition follows its history from the very beginnings in the 1920s to its most contemporary manifestations.
Placing the music video in the context of the history of visual arts and film, FACT's exhibition celebrates the variety of the medium and invites visitors to become acquainted with its filmic predecessors and take a peek at the future. Providing an insight into experimental approaches to the medium, it focuses on the recent shift in the audience's role from passive viewer in the 90s to active producer now.
Artists featured include Björk, Michael Jackson, Pet Shop Boys, Fred Astaire, Man Ray, Madonna, Daft Punk, Lady Gaga and Radiohead.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Enquiries: 0151 707 4444
→ Liverpool Central 3 min walk