Thu 14th Feb at 12:30pm
Lunchtime Lectures: The Prince Imperial And His Death In Zululand
@ National Army Museum, London
Featuring: Dr Vanessa Jenkins
This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
Lunchtime Lectures: The Prince Imperial And His Death In Zululand: Dr Vanessa Jenkins
On the afternoon of 1 June 1879 the Bonaparte dynasty lost its hope of again ruling France. The death of Napoleon III following a medical procedure thrust the Prince Imperial into the limelight. He was exiled to England and later joined the Royal Artillery.
Allowed to go to Zululand as an observer, he was fatally attacked by a band of scouting Zulus when leading a party to recce a camping site. His death, wearing British uniform, and its political and personal repercussions are explored in this talk.
Dr Vanessa Jenkins practised medicine for many years. Through her work assessing war pensioners she developed an interest in military history.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: National Army Museum
Enquiries: 020 7881 2455
→ Battersea Park 17 min walk
→ Sloane Square 10 min walk