Tue 16th Apr at 7:00pm
Churchill’s First War: Young Winston And The Fight Against The Taliban
@ National Army Museum, London
Featuring: Con Coughlin
This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Churchill’s First War: Young Winston And The Fight Against The Taliban: Con Coughlin
Just over a century ago British troops were fighting a vicious frontier war against Pashtun tribesmen on the North-West Frontier. Winston Churchill, then a young cavalry lieutenant, wrote a vivid account of what he saw during his first major campaign.
'The Story of the Malakand Field Force', published in 1898, was Churchill’s first book and, a hundred years later, is required reading for military commanders on the ground, both British and American.
In this talk acclaimed author and foreign correspondent Con Coughlin will tell the story of that campaign, a story of high adventure and imperial success, which contains many lessons and warnings for today.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: National Army Museum
Enquiries: 020 7881 2455
→ Battersea Park 17 min walk
→ Sloane Square 10 min walk