Wed 20th Feb at 7:30pm
A Soldier's Song
@ Subscription Rooms, Stroud
Featuring: Theatre Tours International
This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
A Soldier's Song: Theatre Tours International
"One of the most powerful war plays ever made!
Commemorating the 30th anniversary of the Falklands War and one of the hits of the 2012 Edinburgh Festival, A Soldier's Song is the real deal. A true story of conflict told by a man who was there, bringing the battlefield to the stage in an extraordinary work of theatre.
This is the theatre of War in all its facets, invoking the horror, terror, shame, black humour, futility and tedium of a soldier's life on the front line and the lingering effects of Post Traumatic Stress.
Deeply disturbing and frightening at times, it utilises a pounding, totally authentic multi-directional soundscape. It is also extremely funny, the dark 'squaddie' humour offsetting the darkness. The brutal demotic language and reality of the battlefield is brought to vividly to life.
There is a post-show question-and-aAnswer session with the author."
Info provided by the Event Organiser
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: Subscription Rooms
Phone: 01453 760900
Disabled Bookings: 01453 760900
→ Stroud 1 min walk