This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
See all dates for Version Control
How do we relate to the world through images and objects? How is our vision of the past and the future affected, or transformed, by the contemporary information economy?
Version Control is a large-scale survey exhibition about the notion of appropriation and performance in the expanded field of contemporary artistic practice. Instead of an understanding of performance as a live activity or connected to an exploration of the artist's body, the exhibition explores performance in a radical sense as a method of making the past present. Performativity, in this way, explores the conscious moment of staging, appropriating, archiving and re-visiting images and other forms of representation, touching on questions of historiography, mediation, subjectivity, and ownership.
The project will include works from artists of different generations and backgrounds, from visual art, theatre and digital culture, presenting film and video, painting, drawing, and sculpture. Through a series of interventions and ‘performing objects', the exhibition will be itself performative and change over the course of the show.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Phone: 0117 917 2300
Disabled Bookings: 0117 917 2300
→ Bedminster 14 min walk
→ Bristol Temple Meads 16 min walk