This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Living With Thalidomide
The effects of the drug thalidomide on babies born between 1958 and 1962 were a shock to both the public and the medical profession.
This talk will show clips from a small group of films that help to illustrate the different ways in which society and the medical profession attempted to integrate children born with often severe impairments into everyday life.
However, as the films show, it is apparent that the children had their own ideas about how to adapt the world to their bodies rather than the other way around.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: Wellcome Collection
→ Euston 6 min walk
→ Euston (London) 6 min walk
→ Euston Square 1 min walk