This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Okuni: Akiko Dance Project
'Dance in the male role!' This was the beginning of Kabuki Theatre.
A female dancer who served God, Okuni founded Kabuki in 16th century Japan.
Kabuki is a traditional Japanese theatre.
'Ka' = 'sing'
'Bu' = 'dance'
'Ki' = 'act'
Okuni led the top dance group of its time. But success did not last long. However, while she struggled with her colleagues, her lover, and her love of dance and beauty, she came up with a new idea: women dancing in the male role! This was the beginning of Kabuki Theatre.
Contemporary dance, song and drama appear in this Kabuki theatre performance.
Image © Cockpit Theatre
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: Cockpit Theatre
Enquiries: 0207 258 2925
→ Marylebone 8 min walk
→ Edgware Rd 6 min walk
→ Marylebone 6 min walk