This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Social Cinema Presents Deep End
An event that recalls the year 1970 through a mix of live performance, period refreshments and the screening of the the film, Deep End (1970),
Capturing the gaucheness and uncertainty of this decade, Deep End is the story of a young, newly employed swimming baths attendant (John Moulder-Brown), who becomes obsessed with his co-worker (Jane Asher). The film has been selected for its portrayal of a young person starting work in an environment that mirrors the ambivalent appeal of `work' for many today.
The film also echoes the social history and use of the People's Palace in its former days as a cinema, and as a swimming pool. The film, digitally restored in 2011 by the BFI, is an atmospheric rendition of an East End world on the brink of change, with a dazzling performance from Asher and a cameo role from Diana Dors.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Enquiries: 0207 882 7823
→ Bethnal Green 15 min walk
→ Limehouse 16 min walk
→ Cambridge Heath 17 min walk
→ Stepney Green 6 min walk
→ Mile End 7 min walk