This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Never miss another 'Royal Scottish National Orchestra (RSNO)' show
An American Festival: I: Royal Scottish National Orchestra (RSNO)
Bernstein - Overture to Candide
Gershwin - Concerto in F for Piano and Orchestra
Adams - Harmonielehre
Don’t miss the first of two concerts dedicated to the stars and stripes. A supertanker in San Francisco Bay gathers speed and suddenly rockets into the sky. That’s the image that inspired John Adams’ Harmonielehre – and the music is every bit as spectacular.
This big, fabulously colourful orchestral extravaganza might just be the Great American Symphony; it’s definitely a thrilling climax to an evening that begins with Bernstein’s rip-roaring comedy overture and Gershwin’s gloriously jazzy “skyscraper concerto”.
Peter Oundjian lights the blue touchpaper, and pianist Jon Kimura Parker makes sure things go with a swing.
This event takes place at Usher Hall, which has achieved Bronze Status for disabled access from Attitude Is Everything.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: Usher Hall
Disabled Access: Bronze Status
Phone: 0131 228 1155
Disabled Bookings: 0131 228 1155
Seating Plan: View the Seating Plan
→ Haymarket 10 min walk
→ Edinburgh Haymarket 10 min walk