This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
See all dates for All Other Things Being Equal
All Other Things Being Equal
The Ecuadorian Amazon is one of the most biodiverse and endangered regions of our planet. Many people want to protect the biodiversity that remains, but the reality on the ground is a complex dilemma. Local economic necessity means that trees are valued for their timber more than for their crucial role in the ecosystem.
This exhibition, based on three years of personal research experience by scientist and photographer, Johan Oldekop, mixes photographs and sounds with graphical representations of socio-economic data and specimens from the Museum’s natural history collection. The materials, collected between 2006 and 2010, trace some of the complex relationships between humans and the environment in one of the world’s biodiversity hotspots.
The research this exhibition is based on was supported by the German International Cooperation (GIZ GmbH), the Royal Geographical Society and the Wingate Foundation.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: The Manchester Museum
Enquiries: 0161 275 2634
→ Oxford Road 10 min walk
→ Manchester Piccadilly 12 min walk