This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
See all dates for Making Theatre: Gaining Skills
Making Theatre: Gaining Skills
A course to develop creative skills and improve work prospects.
The course will allow the young people to work as a team on a real theatre production, learning technical and production skills such as construction, lighting, graphic design and event management.
It has been designed to be particularly valuable to young people with moderate learning difficulties such as Asperger’s Syndrome, Dyslexia and ADHD.
Learners that complete the course successfully will achieve a Bronze Arts Award and a BTEC Level 1 Award in Supporting Employability and Personal Effectiveness.
Local employers including Portsmouth Football Club and The Graphic Design House will provide valuable advice and guidance.
The course will run from Monday 7 January until Friday 1 February, with the first 2 weeks at the New Theatre Royal and the second half of the course at Catch 22 in Fratton. The programme is fully funded and free of charge to young people aged 16-18 not currently in full-time learning.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: New Theatre Royal
Phone: 023 9264 9000
Disabled Bookings: 023 9264 9000
→ Portsmouth & Southsea 4 min walk