This event has been and gone!
Catch the next one:
Check out the info below for future tour dates, and track them to receive alerts when they tour near you
The poems of William Blake set to the guitar arrangements of Nick Drake
The music of Nick Drake has become a national treasures. Both timeless and priceless, the songs shed all the tears of life within their fragile yet perfect lines.
During his time at Cambridge, Nick studied and became particularly enchanted with the poetry of William Blake 1757 –1827 - also largely unrecognised during his lifetime. Blake’s influence runs like a warm stream throughout Nick’s music.
A number of years have now passed since singer/guitarist, Keith James paralysed the whole country with his highly acclaimed and stunningly beautiful series of concerts entitled The Songs Of Nick Drake. As a way of continuing his devotion and evaluation, Keith has set a powerful collection of Blake’s poems to Nick’s guitar arrangements, featuring his tunings, fluent technique and instinctual sense of melancholy.
The second half of the concert is a song by song, complete performance of Nick Drake’s first Album ‘Five Leaves Left’.
Track this event
- Event has been added to your calendar
- Any important updates will be sent to your email address
- Add to your personal Ents24 calendar
- Sync with iCal, Outlook and others
- Receive important updates
Join the millions of entertainment fans that trust Ents24
- Get the full picture with the UK's biggest entertainment guide
- Buy tickets from trusted ticket sellers
- Our customers rate us excellent on Trustpilot
Venue: Cheltenham Town Hall
Bookings: 0844 576 2210
Disabled Bookings: 0844 576 2210
→ Cheltenham Spa 17 min walk